The Kitty Tube Generation 3 – with Straw Only | Free Shipping
Free Shipping to contiguous USA
Feel free to call our customer service dept. if you need assistance with your order. 715-377-2133
The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 is Guaranteed to keep the weather out and is simply the highest quality, best insulated outdoor cat house on the market today!
Kitty Tube-Generation 3 Outdoor insulated cat house includes:
- Main Door Awning with Flap: The main door awning improves rain/snow protection and includes a gasket to eliminate any water weepage around the edges. The clear removable flap door has also been designed to repel wind. This clear door flap can be installed and removed easily without tools. It will help keep heat inside the Kitty Tube during cold weather seasons. This new awning/door flap combination will fit all previous model Kitty Tubes that have the Kitty Tube LOGO on the sides. NOTE: This awning is also available for all older model Kitty Tubes. See separate listing.
- Top Lid Vent Cap: This cap is needed to eliminate moisture laden air that can build up under the top lid. This moisture laden air can cause condensation in certain temperature swings. This cap serves the same purpose as the vents on the roof of your own home that expel excessive moisture in the winter and heat in the summer. This new vent cap is very important in maintaining a dry interior for your cat. NOTE: This cap is also sold separately to install on all older model Kitty Tubes, and will greatly improve its performance. A 1½ inch hole is needed on the top dead center of the lid to install. We recommend using a standard 1½ inch hole saw to make this hole.
- Scratch Guard™ Insulation: The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 Scratch Guard™ and vapor proof insulation is now easy to remove and clean. The new Scratch Guard™ material on all interior surfaces is moisture proof, mold proof, mildew proof and bacteria proof. Deodorizing and sanitizing of the interior is now a breeze, as cat urine or spray from a male cat will not soak into the Scratch Guard™. The Scratch Guard™ material will virtually eliminate damage from clawing and will considerably reduce condensation from forming in cold temperatures.
- Ventilation Hand Hole Awnings: The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 includes awnings that protect the handle/ventilator holes in the lid from rain and snow. These awnings also provide a comfortable handle when removing the lid or moving the Kitty Tube.
- Drainage System: The bottom surface of the Kitty Tube-Generation 3 is slightly elevated off the ground and incorporates a built in channel and drainage system to eliminate any subsequent moisture that might enter the Kitty Tube due to unforeseen circumstances.
The Feral Option Kitty Tube comes with straw. Straw is the preferred bedding for feral cats as it resists moisture and retains body heat as the cats can burrow into the straw. This option is recommended by most Cat Rescue Groups.
The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 provides a safe, economical and maintenance free shelter for your cat. Designed for outdoor use, the Kitty Tube is fully insulated to be cool in the summer and ultra warm in the winter. The shell is made from post consumer recycled milk and detergent bottles making the Kitty Tube a very green product AND The Kitty Tube is MADE IN THE USA!
The Kitty Tube has a removable top lid, is seamless in construction and is environmentally friendly due to the post consumer recycled content. The one piece construction provides for a smooth interior which is easily cleaned with a simple spray of the garden hose. The dome lid keeps your pet dry in even the heaviest of rains. With the included straw, this Kitty Tube will provide your cat a safe, secure and dry home. The geometric shape resists wind and is naturally preferred by cats. The high quality, fully insulated Kitty Tube is strongly recommended for all outdoor cats and also creates a safe and secure haven if your cat is to give birth.
About our 1 door design: The unique door design provides easy passage for your cat, but will not allow a predator like dogs or coyotes to get to your cat. The Kitty Tube was intentionally designed with only one door. There are several reasons for this design:
- With one door, the exceptionally insulated Kitty Tube will retain the majority of the heat your cat produces inside, compared to other designs with two doors that allow excessive air movement through the shelter.
- One door will keep your cat safe and secure as predators cannot fit their head inside the unique door design of The Kitty Tube. Most small animals such as possums or raccoons are generally not a life threatening danger to your cat.
- We feel it is a misconception to provide a second door for an escape in case of a predator attack. If your cat leaves their safe haven of The Kitty Tube, it is now vulnerable to be caught by predators. Predators such as dogs and coyotes know how to catch a fleeing cat.
- Most kittens born inside of a Kitty Tube are NOT moved as usual by their mother, as they feel safe inside!
Product Features and specs.
- The Kitty Tube provides an economical, safe, and secure home for up to 3 cats. (Only 2 cats if you have the double insulated option.)
- The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 comes complete with a fully insulated shell, a removable top lid, enough straw for up to 2 changes, a main door awning with removable clear flap door, a vent cap for the top lid, a rubber plug for the optional heater hole and 2 hand hole awnings to protect the top ventilation holes.
- The Kitty Tube is fully insulated on floor, walls and roof with quality, high R value insulation. All with the Scratch Guard™.
- The built in lifting handles can be adjusted to supply full flow through air ventilation for the summer and can be closed for the winter.
- The Kitty Tube shell is very durable with a lifetime guarantee to never chip, crack or fade.
- The dimensions are 24″ round x 24″ tall with lid on.
- The Kitty Tube is made from post consumer content, consisting of recycled milk and detergent bottles. The Kitty Tube is an extremely green product The Kitty Tube is MADE IN THE USA!– you are supporting many American businesses and their families with your purchase of The Kitty Tube.
The Kitty Tube name and design is TM protected. Patents pending.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 256 | Next
Posted by Susan on 17th Oct 2017
After researching a number of outdoor cat houses for the feral cat that lives in our yard (our beautiful "Penny"), I decided on the double insulated Generation 3 Kitty Tube with the optional heated mat. It arrived exactly as promised, and was very easy to assemble. After placing it outside, we watched, and waited (...and waited...and waited) for Penny to venture inside. I insisted on keeping the large box it had arrived in and the receipt, since we had 30 days to return it, and I was skeptical that Penny would be brave enough to give it a try. About 2 weeks later, on a chilly 35 degree morning, my husband looked out the slider, and announced that Penny was peeking out from inside the Kitty Tube looking for her breakfast. Success!! I know that I'll sleep much better during the upcoming winter knowing Penny is safe and warm inside. Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!!!
Posted by Marcia Hoffman on 22nd Dec 2016
I searched all over the internet until I found this product. It is perfect for feral cats. I am using it for my neighbor's cat. I feed her all year round because they expect her to live on her "hunts" for nourishment. She is outside in the worst weather. I just put the Kitty Tube outside last night. I situated it in one of my gardens under a fir tree and nestled next to a protected fence. I put the cat's food next to the shelter and am hoping she will go inside.
I'll check it soon to see if she has used it. I'm thinking about putting some catnip in front of it and inside of it as an enticement. I'm sure she never has had the pleasure before. I've tried to introduce her to my 3 cats, but she is used to being outside and does not like coming inside.
If I see more outside cats needing shelter, I will definitely purchase another Kitty Tube. It's an incredibly smart idea!
Annoyed at myself that I waited almost a year to buy this for my feral cat...
Posted by Lisa P. on 2nd Nov 2016
I have to say I was very nervous about buying this for my 1 feral cat...despite reading tons and tons of reviews over the past 11 months. I didn't want to spend $150+ on a feral cat (even though he is a member of our family!) and not have him like it/use it. So I have been going back and forth for months, reading reviews since the beginning of 2016..."should I buy it" "should I not"..."it's too much money to spend", "he won't use it so then I'll have to ship it back", etc etc etc. You name the excuse for not buying it, I used it. I made a little shelter for him out of a bin and Styrofoam and straw that he used (he slept in it, under our porch). But it is much smaller than the Kitty Tube. I was SHOCKED when I saw the size of the Kitty Tube. It is roomy enough for 2-3 cats. So for 1 cat, it will be very comfy and homey. So I took it home, tried to coax him in to it. He was having none of it at first. But I have had it for 2 days now and HE LOVES IT. I am soooo happy that I finally purchased this. Again, so annoyed that I waited so long. I now will not worry about him when it gets cold and snows this Winter. BEST PURCHASE EVER. If you worry about your ferals being cold, then you should get this. If you are on the fence about this, don't be. You should get this. It is very sturdy and very easy to put together. I have not put the little clear plastic door flap thing on the entrance yet because I wanted him to get used to it and use it first. I have no concerns whatsoever about this purchase. $152 well spent. Thanks!!!
Gen 3 - so far, so good!
Posted by Mary on 12th Oct 2016
I only just received the Gen 3, and have no experience with it as yet. One year I tried to insulate a wooden dog house, and after reading more about cats, I don't blame them for never using the dog house. The opening on the dog house is too big for a cat's liking. I now understand that the smaller opening is easier to defend, if need be, and it keeps most others out. I also ordered the extra insulation, as I live in a cold state. The Gen folks actually put the insulation together for me, which was really nice. I watched the video and was able to remove the insulation so I could attach the awning (cool addition) along with the inside frame, which would allow me to hang the see-thru flaps. (I opted to not use them quite yet - I want the feral cats I've been looking out for to get used to it first.) I also went for the straw because it may need to be placed further from the house and I didn't want to worry about an extension cord for a heated pad. Putting the pieces together that I needed to was easy and I have hand issues (arthritis). I feel that the product is sturdy and that changing the straw or cleaning the inside will also be easy to manage.
The Very BEST Outdoor Cat Shelter
Posted by joan milford on 8th Mar 2016
I have four Kitty Tubes for my feral cats. They are the best shelters I've found for cats who must live outside. I bought my first one about ten years ago and it has held up incredibly well. The cats love them. Cats who live outside have a hard life and I worry about them surviving the winters. Kitty Tubes provide me with peace of mind knowing they have a warm, water resistant shelter.
Just arrived and outdoor kitty loved it right away
Posted by Lisa on 17th Feb 2016
I have been planning to buy this for quite some time for a feral outdoor cat we have grown to love. She really is afraid of people, but we wanted her to be sheltered from the cold weather. We put the few pieces together and added the straw and we were good to go.
We weren't sure how to get the kitty to go in, but a suggestion on the site said add some catnip. Worked like a charm and now Mama cat is enjoying her new home. Safe, warm and dry just as the 0 degree temperatures arrived. Worth the purchase .
Best design for sheltering feral cats
Posted by Paula S. on 1st Jan 2016
I recently purchased two Generation 2 Kitty Tubes and the improved features have made these cat shelters ideal. The feral cats love them and took to them immediately. The low profile and the neutral color helps them blend to the environment. They look neat and tidy and are easy to move around. I would highly recommend these to anyone looking to shelter cats who live outside!
Best Feral Cat Shelter!
Posted by Unknown on 29th Dec 2015
I have 8 ferals that I care for and I especially worry about them during our Pennsylvania winters. I have a few shelters...homemade and purchased. This is by far the best of all. The cats immediately began using it, even preferring it over the others. A few cats at a time will snuggle together in it. It is well designed, beautifully insulated, comes with quite a load of straw, and arrived within only a few days via Fedex. This is the first time I have ordered from The Kitty Tube and it has been a totally positive experience.
Need Two More!
Posted by Larry Keyes on 10th Sep 2015
After buying several nylon and cloth houses for the front porch, with and without heat, FINALLY my wife found a durable, water-resistant, heated cat house that is by far the best product available, for this price range. The only way you might get better is to build your own wooden enclosure, which I will do this fall, only to provide more of a living space than just a warmup and survival shelter.
Our outside boy LOVES this cozy little space, so now I need two more, one for the girl, and a spare/alternate for visitors.
PLUS, the low-voltage feature allows me to leave it on all during the day while at work, without the worry of a fire hazard. No more unplugging the others to the chagrin of our outside 'kids'.
The only advice I would give others is to be a Type A and throughly clean all the components each spring when you shut it down.
Separate the housing from all the bedding and insulation, cleaning the enclosure and lid with bleach spray, rinsing, and air drying - storing in a dry, clean space.
Wipe the insulation with a rag or paper towels wetted with Windex, and store them in a clean dry place as well.
Lightly clean the heater pad and wall-wart power supply/cord with the same bleach spray (DO NOT spray into the coaxial connector). Finally, launder the bedding just as you would your own sheets.
As with anything you wish to keep in good shape for a long time, you must always maintain it, so don't expect this house to remain in place year after year without some elbow grease. Your cat will not use it if left dirty, and will only attract spiders and sick strays.
So, be a little OCD and take care of this quite nice product, and will last you for several years.
The ORIGINAL Cat Whisperer & Desert Rat
Way better than an igloo.
Posted by Christine on 27th Feb 2015
I bought a Kitty Tube for my feral cats. They prefer it over the heated igloos. I bought a second Kitty Tube and another was in it within 5 minutes. I plan to replace all my igloos with Kitty Tubes. The tubes look nicer than igloos and blend in with our landscape much better.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 256 | Next