Free Shipping to contiguous USA
Feel free to call our customer service dept. if you need assistance with your order. 715-377-2133
The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 is Guaranteed to keep the weather out and is simply the highest quality, best insulated outdoor cat house on the market today!
Kitty Tube-Generation 3 Outdoor insulated cat house includes:
- Main Door Awning with Flap: The main door awning improves rain/snow protection and includes a gasket to eliminate any water weepage around the edges. The clear removable flap door has also been designed to repel wind. This clear door flap can be installed and removed easily without tools. It will help keep heat inside the Kitty Tube during cold weather seasons. This new awning/door flap combination will fit all previous model Kitty Tubes that have the Kitty Tube LOGO on the sides. NOTE: This awning is also available for all older model Kitty Tubes. See separate listing.
- Top Lid Vent Cap: This cap is needed to eliminate moisture laden air that can build up under the top lid. This moisture laden air can cause condensation in certain temperature swings. This cap serves the same purpose as the vents on the roof of your own home that expel excessive moisture in the winter and heat in the summer. This new vent cap is very important in maintaining a dry interior for your cat. NOTE: This cap is also sold separately to install on all older model Kitty Tubes, and will greatly improve its performance. A 1½ inch hole is needed on the top dead center of the lid to install. We recommend using a standard 1½ inch hole saw to make this hole.
- Scratch Guard™ Insulation: The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 Scratch Guard™ and vapor proof insulation is now easy to remove and clean. The new Scratch Guard™ material on all interior surfaces is moisture proof, mold proof, mildew proof and bacteria proof. Deodorizing and sanitizing of the interior is now a breeze, as cat urine or spray from a male cat will not soak into the Scratch Guard™. The Scratch Guard™ material will virtually eliminate damage from clawing and will considerably reduce condensation from forming in cold temperatures.
- Ventilation Hand Hole Awnings: The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 includes awnings that protect the handle/ventilator holes in the lid from rain and snow. These awnings also provide a comfortable handle when removing the lid or moving the Kitty Tube.
- Drainage System: The bottom surface of the Kitty Tube-Generation 3 is slightly elevated off the ground and incorporates a built in channel and drainage system to eliminate any subsequent moisture that might enter the Kitty Tube due to unforeseen circumstances.
The Feral Option Kitty Tube comes with straw. Straw is the preferred bedding for feral cats as it resists moisture and retains body heat as the cats can burrow into the straw. This option is recommended by most Cat Rescue Groups.
The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 provides a safe, economical and maintenance free shelter for your cat. Designed for outdoor use, the Kitty Tube is fully insulated to be cool in the summer and ultra warm in the winter. The shell is made from post consumer recycled milk and detergent bottles making the Kitty Tube a very green product AND The Kitty Tube is MADE IN THE USA!
The Kitty Tube has a removable top lid, is seamless in construction and is environmentally friendly due to the post consumer recycled content. The one piece construction provides for a smooth interior which is easily cleaned with a simple spray of the garden hose. The dome lid keeps your pet dry in even the heaviest of rains. With the included straw, this Kitty Tube will provide your cat a safe, secure and dry home. The geometric shape resists wind and is naturally preferred by cats. The high quality, fully insulated Kitty Tube is strongly recommended for all outdoor cats and also creates a safe and secure haven if your cat is to give birth.
About our 1 door design: The unique door design provides easy passage for your cat, but will not allow a predator like dogs or coyotes to get to your cat. The Kitty Tube was intentionally designed with only one door. There are several reasons for this design:
- With one door, the exceptionally insulated Kitty Tube will retain the majority of the heat your cat produces inside, compared to other designs with two doors that allow excessive air movement through the shelter.
- One door will keep your cat safe and secure as predators cannot fit their head inside the unique door design of The Kitty Tube. Most small animals such as possums or raccoons are generally not a life threatening danger to your cat.
- We feel it is a misconception to provide a second door for an escape in case of a predator attack. If your cat leaves their safe haven of The Kitty Tube, it is now vulnerable to be caught by predators. Predators such as dogs and coyotes know how to catch a fleeing cat.
- Most kittens born inside of a Kitty Tube are NOT moved as usual by their mother, as they feel safe inside!
Product Features and specs.
- The Kitty Tube provides an economical, safe, and secure home for up to 3 cats. (Only 2 cats if you have the double insulated option.)
- The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 comes complete with a fully insulated shell, a removable top lid, enough straw for up to 2 changes, a main door awning with removable clear flap door, a vent cap for the top lid, a rubber plug for the optional heater hole and 2 hand hole awnings to protect the top ventilation holes.
- The Kitty Tube is fully insulated on floor, walls and roof with quality, high R value insulation. All with the Scratch Guard™.
- The built in lifting handles can be adjusted to supply full flow through air ventilation for the summer and can be closed for the winter.
- The Kitty Tube shell is very durable with a lifetime guarantee to never chip, crack or fade.
- The dimensions are 24″ round x 24″ tall with lid on.
- The Kitty Tube is made from post consumer content, consisting of recycled milk and detergent bottles. The Kitty Tube is an extremely green product The Kitty Tube is MADE IN THE USA!– you are supporting many American businesses and their families with your purchase of The Kitty Tube.
The Kitty Tube name and design is TM protected. Patents pending.
After buying several nylon and cloth houses for the front porch, with and without heat, FINALLY my wife found a durable, water-resistant, heated cat house that is by far the best product available, for this price range. The only way you might get better is to build your own wooden enclosure, which I will do this fall, only to provide more of a living space than just a warmup and survival shelter.
Our outside boy LOVES this cozy little space, so now I need two more, one for the girl, and a spare/alternate for visitors.
PLUS, the low-voltage feature allows me to leave it on all during the day while at work, without the worry of a fire hazard. No more unplugging the others to the chagrin of our outside 'kids'.
The only advice I would give others is to be a Type A and throughly clean all the components each spring when you shut it down.
Separate the housing from all the bedding and insulation, cleaning the enclosure and lid with bleach spray, rinsing, and air drying - storing in a dry, clean space.
Wipe the insulation with a rag or paper towels wetted with Windex, and store them in a clean dry place as well.
Lightly clean the heater pad and wall-wart power supply/cord with the same bleach spray (DO NOT spray into the coaxial connector). Finally, launder the bedding just as you would your own sheets.
As with anything you wish to keep in good shape for a long time, you must always maintain it, so don't expect this house to remain in place year after year without some elbow grease. Your cat will not use it if left dirty, and will only attract spiders and sick strays.
So, be a little OCD and take care of this quite nice product, and will last you for several years.
The ORIGINAL Cat Whisperer & Desert Rat
I bought a Kitty Tube for my feral cats. They prefer it over the heated igloos. I bought a second Kitty Tube and another was in it within 5 minutes. I plan to replace all my igloos with Kitty Tubes. The tubes look nicer than igloos and blend in with our landscape much better.
First night out and they're using it already. Great purchase. Fast shipping. Ordered a second one! Nice and snuggly warm. No way could I have DIY'd one this nice looking and warm. Best purchase for the cats ever.
Got my Kitty tube yesterday and set it up. It's cold here in Oklahoma right now and it arrived on a day when it wa 10 degrees outside. I worried that the cats wouldn't use it since it was a new item on the porch. My fears were for naught. This morning I opened the front door and out they came from the Tube. Ears and tosies were warm and they were yawning like they really slept good. I was so delighted. Wish they would come inside the house, but having the Kitty tube is the next best thing to being inside. Great item for my ferals. Love it already. Money well spent.
I posted before about how great this house is. We got it for three strays in the back yard. We feed the three and occasionally other strays stop by for food. The kitty tube is on our deck out back. The three strays took to it right away. The update is ... This morning, my husband turned on the light and FOUR cats came out of the tube! So ... if you're wondering about the size of it ... apparently four average size cats can fit in there. Time will tell if this fourth cat is going to be a permanent resident. =^..^=
The Kitty tube was much roomier than I expected. I have seen 2-3 strays in it at a time. I take care of a total of seven. All of them investigated the two new Kitty Tubes and were sleeping in them the very first night. I may need to buy one more! Very good quality! I love that they are made in the USA!
I cant believe how cool this thing is. The Kitty Tub exceeds all expectations. If this thing ever gets below five stars prepare for the zombie apocalypse.... just sayin
Love the Kitty Tube....so do my ferals.
Love this product! I got the Kitty Tube with double insulation and a heating pad for cold Wyoming winters. My cat lives outside in the daytime, and he adjusted to it quickly, which was a surprise- he usually takes a while to warm up to new beds- and he loves it, especially with the heating pad. The Kitty Tube is cozy and protective against cold temperatures, wind, and other animals. My cat is a large, 15 lb. Maine Coon-type breed, and he comfortably fits in there with a small cup of dry food tucked against the side, to keep it out of the weather. I received excellent service from this company as well; they are wonderful to work with if any issues should ever come up with their products. I wish they made a dog shelter as well!