Free Shipping to contiguous USA
The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 is Guaranteed to keep the weather out and is simply the highest quality, best insulated outdoor cat house on the market today!
Kitty Tube-Generation 3 Outdoor insulated cat house includes:
- Main Door Awning with Flap: The main door awning improves rain/snow protection and includes a gasket to eliminate any water weepage around the edges. The clear removable flap door has also been designed to repel wind. This clear door flap can be installed and removed easily without tools. It will help keep heat inside the Kitty Tube during cold weather seasons. This new awning/door flap combination will fit all previous model Kitty Tubes that have the Kitty Tube LOGO on the sides. NOTE: This awning is also available for all older model Kitty Tubes. See separate listing.
- Top Lid Vent Cap: This cap is needed to eliminate moisture laden air that can build up under the top lid. This moisture laden air can cause condensation in certain temperature swings. This cap serves the same purpose as the vents on the roof of your own home that expel excessive moisture in the winter and heat in the summer. This new vent cap is very important in maintaining a dry interior for your cat. NOTE: This cap is also sold separately to install on all older model Kitty Tubes, and will greatly improve its performance. A 1½ inch hole is needed on the top dead center of the lid to install. We recommend using a standard 1½ inch hole saw to make this hole.
- Scratch Guard™ Insulation: The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 Scratch Guard™ and vapor proof insulation is now easy to remove and clean. The new Scratch Guard™ material on all interior surfaces is moisture proof, mold proof, mildew proof and bacteria proof. Deodorizing and sanitizing of the interior is now a breeze, as cat urine or spray from a male cat will not soak into the Scratch Guard™. The Scratch Guard™ material will virtually eliminate damage from clawing and will considerably reduce condensation from forming in cold temperatures.
- Ventilation Hand Hole Awnings: The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 includes awnings that protect the handle/ventilator holes in the lid from rain and snow. These awnings also provide a comfortable handle when removing the lid or moving the Kitty Tube.
- Drainage System: The bottom surface of the Kitty Tube-Generation 3 is slightly elevated off the ground and incorporates a built in channel and drainage system to eliminate any subsequent moisture that might enter the Kitty Tube due to unforeseen circumstances.
The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 provides a safe, economical and maintenance free shelter for your cat. Designed for outdoor use, the Kitty Tube is fully insulated to be cool in the summer and ultra warm in the winter. The shell is made from post consumer recycled milk and detergent bottles making the Kitty Tube a very green product AND The Kitty Tube is MADE IN THE USA!
The Kitty Tube has a removable top lid, is seamless in construction and is environmentally friendly due to the post consumer recycled content. The one piece construction provides for a smooth interior which is easily cleaned with a simple spray of the garden hose. The dome lid keeps your pet dry in even the heaviest of rains. The geometric shape resists wind and is naturally preferred by cats. The high quality, fully insulated Kitty Tube is strongly recommended for all outdoor cats and also creates a safe and secure haven if your cat is to give birth.
About our 1 door design: The unique door design provides easy passage for your cat, but will not allow a predator like dogs or coyotes to get to your cat. The Kitty Tube was intentionally designed with only one door. There are several reasons for this design:
- With one door, the exceptionally insulated Kitty Tube will retain the majority of the heat your cat produces inside, compared to other designs with two doors that allow excessive air movement through the shelter.
- One door will keep your cat safe and secure as predators cannot fit their head inside the unique door design of The Kitty Tube. Most small animals such as possums or raccoons are generally not a life threatening danger to your cat.
- We feel it is a misconception to provide a second door for an escape in case of a predator attack. If your cat leaves their safe haven of The Kitty Tube, it is now vulnerable to be caught by predators. Predators such as dogs and coyotes know how to catch a fleeing cat.
- Most kittens born inside of a Kitty Tube are NOT moved as usual by their mother, as they feel safe inside!
Product Features and specs.
- The Kitty Tube provides an economical, safe, and secure home for up to 3 cats. (Only 2 cats if you have the double insulated option.)
- The Kitty Tube-Generation 3 comes complete with a fully insulated shell, a removable top lid, custom pet pillow, a main door awning with removable clear flap door, a vent cap for the top lid, a rubber plug for the optional heater hole and 2 hand hole awnings to protect the top ventilation holes.
- The Kitty Tube is fully insulated on floor, walls and roof with quality, high R value insulation. All with the Scratch Guard™.
- The built in lifting handles can be adjusted to supply full flow through air ventilation for the summer and can be closed for the winter.
- The Kitty Tube shell is very durable with a lifetime guarantee to never chip, crack or fade.
- The dimensions are 24″ round x 24″ tall with lid on.
- The Kitty Tube is made from post consumer content, consisting of recycled milk and detergent bottles. The Kitty Tube is an extremely green product The Kitty Tube is MADE IN THE USA!– you are supporting many American businesses and their families with your purchase of The Kitty Tube.
The Kitty Tube name and design is TM protected. Patents pending.
Call our service department for order assistance 715.377.2133
We have a cat, who use to be a stray but decided to move in with us. As the weather has gotten colder she's been staying indoors over night. Just recently we went out of town and I was concerned about her being outside with the temperature dropping to freezing a couple of nights we were gone. I ordered the tube to try to have some sort of shelter for her, but I wasn't sure she'd use it as she's still a little skittish at times. It arrived very promptly. Unfortunately, our kitty was having none of it with the plastic flap and awning. I removed the awning and flaps in hopes that would help. Thankfully, the day before we were going to head out of town I came home, and for once she didn't run out to meet the car. On inspection she was curled up snug inside the tube. We may try to add the awning later to see if she'll accept it, but for now the tube is on a covered porch so it's not an issue. I love the piece of mind the tube provides me for our still very independent outdoor cat.
I searched all over for a house for our outside cat. She is 19 years old and still hunting. When I found the Kitty Tube the wife and I decided to give it a try. The cat loves her new house and comes out to eat and hunt other than that she is in the Kitty Tube. Thanks to all of you from TU cat.
I recently purchased 2 tubes. One with straw and one with the pillow. They are the best. Easy to assemble. Our 7 cats love them, although our one cat is a bit to portly to fit into the doorway! They all should be warm and snug this winter. Thank you!
Received 5 business days after order I'm very pleased with the quality of the product. It's been two days now and haven't got my stray cat to go in on his own yet, but he is curious about it. I've put him in it twice now the first time he came out the top, the second time I held the lid down and he finally came out the door.
Arrived quickly and setup was easy following the provided instructions. Our little kitten had no problem making this her home on the first night it arrived. So pleased to find a product developed for use year round, especially for the cold winter months as we are located in your neighboring state of Minnesota. Also love supporting a quality product made in the USA. Keep up the great work!
I bought this for my stray cat that has been spayed and after finding her kittens homes with the help of local cat rescuers. I have been taken care of her for about 8 years. She has come a long way, from running from me to letting me pet her but still keeps her guard up now and then. I had built a shelter out of a plastic tub with removable lid, which I insulated it and put a cat door for her to go in and out. But she never got used to the cat door so I had to tape the flap slightly open for her. Though I knew she was warm, there still was draft from the opening during cold windy nights. The Kitty Tube is perfect for her. At first I thought she wouldn't take to it since I put the flap on. I removed my shelter and put the Kitty Tube on my porch where the other one was. Put her heated Snuggle Safe on the pillow that came with the Kitty Tube under a self-heating mat and left her alone to explore the new home. After a while I went back outside and she was in her new home looking out of the opening. I placed my hand inside to pet her and she was purring loudly. So I knew I made the right choice.
The Kitty Tube was easy to put together. The awning is a great feature. I had a question and called and talked to Jim (the inventor). He was very helpful and customer service is great if you have any concerns. I'm glad I came across this product and also happy that it is made in the USA.
I think the Kitty Tube is great, but more importantly, my backyard stray cat and her two 5 month-old kittens think so, too. I already had straw, so I got the cushion for them to lounge around on in nice weather. The heating pad, straw, insulation, design of the tube including the top vent, the hole for the heating pad cord, the small opening with awning, the awning for the handle holds, and the body heat of three cats make this a shelter these cats like. It warms my heart when I see that they're using it. You thought of everything when you designed this. It even looks good on my patio!
My daughter moved into a new home, and found that the previous owners had abandoned their cat when they moved out. Someone in the neighborhood was feeding her, but she was often seen out in the rain and cold weather. I sent a Kitty Tube 3 to protect her from the elements, and she took to it immediately. Now she's warm and dry, and has a place to call her own.
Let me start out with I was a little concerned about spending this much money on a cat house but I am glad I did!
We started out with one cat and we bought the house with straw and a heating pad. We paired this with a TC-3 Cold Weather Thermo Cube Thermostatically Controlled Outlet - On at 35-Degrees/Off at 45-Degrees which only turns on the heater when it is really cold in our garage. We also have a heated water bowl connectedd to this as well to keep their water from freezing.
Our cat loves this house and when it is cold in the garage and we can’t find her she is always found nice and toasting in the house.
The problems began when we got our second cat and they both wanted into the same house...so we had to buy a second one now they are both happy, toasty and warm and no more fighting for the warm place to sleep.
We have a garage with open rafters and one of our cats loves to climb in the rafter so we put her bed up on suspended garage shelf (SafeRacks - 4x8 Overhead Storage Rack Heavy Duty) with plywood on the shelf and she is in heaven. Our other cat doesn’t like to climb up here so our new cat feels like she has her own little place.
The last one I bought has a pillow and is double insulated instead of standard with straw. Both are amazing quality and well designed!!
I would not hesitate to buy these again they are well made and worth it.
If you are looking for a great house for your cats, stop looking you have found it!!!!