Welcome to The New Generation of The Kitty Tube™
Introducing GENERATION 4!
Here at The Kitty Tube™ we are always thinking about the safety and well-being of your kitty.
With that in mind, we've taken Gen 3's vapor proof barrier and lid vent cap, and added our exclusive flow-through foam layer.
Gen 3's features + Gen 4's innovations = The driest kitty on the block!
The new features of Generation 4 include:
l 15% thicker bottom insulation than the previous model
l Insulation is elevated off the bottom of The Kitty Tube™ to keep it higher off the cold ground
l Specialized flow-through foam layer is now placed under the bottom insulation of The Kitty Tube™
l The flow through bottom layer prevents all moisture caused by condensation from ever reaching bedding
l The new and improved drainage system eliminates moisture out of the bottom of the shelter
The Kitty Tube™ is Guaranteed to keep the weather out and is simply the highest quality insulated outdoor cat house on the market today!
The Kitty Tube™ with Straw comes with:
- Door Awning & Clear Flap Door: The door awning improves rain/snow protection and includes a gasket to eliminate any water weepage around the edges. The clear flap door is designed to repel wind and helps to keep heat inside the Kitty Tube during cold weather seasons. The clear flap door can be installed and removed easily without tools. NOTE: The door awning set is also available for all older model Kitty Tubes with a logo. See separate listing.
- Vent Cap & Gasket: The vent cap was created to eliminate moisture laden air that can build up under the top lid. This moisture laden air can cause condensation in certain temperature swings. The vent cap serves the same purpose as the vents on the roof of your own home that expel excessive moisture in the winter and heat in the summer. The vent cap is very important in maintaining a dry interior for your cat. NOTE: This cap is also sold separately to install on all older model Kitty Tubes and will greatly improve its performance. A 1½ inch hole is needed on the top dead center of the lid to install. If retrofitting an older Kitty Tube, a standard 1 ½” hole saw is needed to make a hole for the vent cap.
- Main Insulation with Scratch Guard™: This insulation set will cover the walls, floor and ceiling of The Kitty Tube. The Kitty Tube Scratch Guard™ and vapor proof insulation is easy to remove and clean. The new Scratch Guard™ material on all interior surfaces is moisture proof, mold proof, mildew proof and bacteria proof. Deodorizing and sanitizing of the interior is now a breeze, as cat urine or spray from a male cat will not soak into the Scratch Guard™. The Scratch Guard™ material will virtually eliminate damage from clawing and will considerably reduce condensation from forming in cold temperatures.
- Ventilation Hand Hole Awnings: The Kitty Tube includes awnings that protect the handle/ventilation holes in the lid from rain and snow. These awnings also provide a comfortable handle when removing the lid or moving the Kitty Tube.
The Feral Option Kitty Tube comes with straw. Straw is the preferred bedding for feral cats as it resists moisture and retains body heat as the cats can burrow into the straw. This option is recommended by most Cat Rescue Groups.
The Kitty Tube provides a safe, economical and maintenance free shelter for your cat. Designed for outdoor use, The Kitty Tube is fully insulated to be ultra warm in the winter. The shell is partially made from post-consumer recycled milk and detergent bottles making the Kitty Tube a very green product AND The Kitty Tube is MADE IN THE USA!
The Kitty Tube has a removable top lid, is seamless in construction and is environmentally friendly due to the post consumer recycled content. The one piece construction provides for a smooth interior which is easily cleaned with a simple spray of the garden hose. The dome lid keeps your pet dry in even the heaviest of rains. The geometric shape resists wind and is naturally preferred by cats. The high quality, fully insulated Kitty Tube is strongly recommended for all outdoor cats and also creates a safe and secure haven if your cat is to give birth.
About our 1 door design: The unique door design provides easy passage for your cat, but will not allow a predator like dogs or coyotes to get to your cat. The Kitty Tube was intentionally designed with only one door. There are several reasons for this design:
- With one door, the exceptionally insulated Kitty Tube will retain the majority of the heat your cat produces inside, compared to other designs with two doors that allow excessive air movement through the shelter.
- One door will keep your cat safe and secure as predators cannot fit their head inside the unique door design of The Kitty Tube. Most small animals such as possums or raccoons are generally not a life threatening danger to your cat.
- We feel it is a misconception to provide a second door for an escape in case of a predator attack. If your cat leaves their safe haven of The Kitty Tube, it is now vulnerable to be caught by predators. Predators such as dogs and coyotes know how to catch a fleeing cat.
- Most kittens born inside of a Kitty Tube are NOT moved as usual by their mother, as they feel safe inside!
Product Features and specs.
- The Kitty Tube provides an economical, safe, and secure home for up to 3 cats. (Only 2 cats if you have the double insulated option.)
- The Kitty Tube comes complete with a fully insulated shell, a removable top lid, enough straw for 2 to 3 changes, a main door awning with removable clear flap door, a vent cap for the top lid, a rubber plug for the optional heater hole and 2 hand hole awnings to protect the top ventilation holes.
- The Kitty Tube is fully insulated on floor, walls and roof with quality, high R value insulation. All with the Scratch Guard™.
- The hand hole openings can be adjusted to supply full flow through air ventilation for the summer and can be closed for the winter.
- The Kitty Tube shell is very durable with a lifetime guarantee to never chip, crack or fade.
- The dimensions are 24″ round x 24″ tall with lid on.
- The bottom surface of The Kitty Tube is slightly elevated off the ground and incorporates a built in channel and drainage system to eliminate any subsequent moisture that might enter The Kitty Tube due to unforeseen circumstances.
The Kitty Tube name and design is TM protected. Patents pending.
Call our service department if order assistance is needed 715.377.2133
A flat $50 fee is added to all Canada orders and covers the additional cost to ship across the border and all taxes and duties. Canada orders are delivered by Canada Post.