The Kitty Tube is Guaranteed to keep the weather out and is simply the highest quality insulated outdoor cat house on the market today!
The Kitty Tube with Straw comes with:
- Door Awning & Clear Flap Door: The door awning improves rain/snow protection and includes a gasket to eliminate any water weepage around the edges. The clear flap door is designed to repel wind and help keep heat inside the Kitty Tube during cold weather seasons. The clear flap door can be installed and removed easily without tools. NOTE: The door awning set is also available for all older model Kitty Tubes with a logo. See separate listing.
- Vent Cap & Gasket: The vent cap was created to eliminate moisture laden air that can build up under the top lid. This moisture laden air can cause condensation in certain temperature swings. The vent cap serves the same purpose as the vents on the roof of your own home that expel excessive moisture in the winter and heat in the summer. The vent cap is very important in maintaining a dry interior for your cat. NOTE: This cap is also sold separately to install on all older model Kitty Tubes and will greatly improve its performance. A 1½ inch hole is needed on the top dead center of the lid to install. We recommend using a standard 1½ inch hole saw to make this hole.
- Main Insulation with Scratch Guard™: This insulation set will cover the walls, floor and ceiling of The Kitty Tube. The Kitty Tube Scratch Guard™ and vapor proof insulation is easy to remove and clean. The new Scratch Guard™ material on all interior surfaces is moisture proof, mold proof, mildew proof and bacteria proof. Deodorizing and sanitizing of the interior is now a breeze, as cat urine or spray from a male cat will not soak into the Scratch Guard™. The Scratch Guard™ material will virtually eliminate damage from clawing and will considerably reduce condensation from forming in cold temperatures.
- Ventilation Hand Hole Awnings: The Kitty Tube includes awnings that protect the handle/ventilator holes in the lid from rain and snow. These awnings also provide a comfortable handle when removing the lid or moving the Kitty Tube.
The Feral Option Kitty Tube comes with straw. Straw is the preferred bedding for feral cats as it resists moisture and retains body heat as the cats can burrow into the straw. This option is recommended by most Cat Rescue Groups.
The Kitty Tube provides a safe, economical and maintenance free shelter for your cat. Designed for outdoor use, The Kitty Tube is fully insulated to be cool in the summer and ultra warm in the winter. The shell is made from post consumer recycled milk and detergent bottles making the Kitty Tube a very green product AND The Kitty Tube is MADE IN THE USA!
The Kitty Tube has a removable top lid, is seamless in construction and is environmentally friendly due to the post consumer recycled content. The one piece construction provides for a smooth interior which is easily cleaned with a simple spray of the garden hose. The dome lid keeps your pet dry in even the heaviest of rains. The geometric shape resists wind and is naturally preferred by cats. The high quality, fully insulated Kitty Tube is strongly recommended for all outdoor cats and also creates a safe and secure haven if your cat is to give birth.
About our 1 door design: The unique door design provides easy passage for your cat, but will not allow a predator like dogs or coyotes to get to your cat. The Kitty Tube was intentionally designed with only one door. There are several reasons for this design:
- With one door, the exceptionally insulated Kitty Tube will retain the majority of the heat your cat produces inside, compared to other designs with two doors that allow excessive air movement through the shelter.
- One door will keep your cat safe and secure as predators cannot fit their head inside the unique door design of The Kitty Tube. Most small animals such as possums or raccoons are generally not a life threatening danger to your cat.
- We feel it is a misconception to provide a second door for an escape in case of a predator attack. If your cat leaves their safe haven of The Kitty Tube, it is now vulnerable to be caught by predators. Predators such as dogs and coyotes know how to catch a fleeing cat.
- Most kittens born inside of a Kitty Tube are NOT moved as usual by their mother, as they feel safe inside!
Product Features and specs.
- The Kitty Tube provides an economical, safe, and secure home for up to 3 cats. (Only 2 cats if you have the double insulated option.)
- The Kitty Tube comes complete with a fully insulated shell, a removable top lid, enough straw for up to 2 changes, a main door awning with removable clear flap door, a vent cap for the top lid, a rubber plug for the optional heater hole and 2 hand hole awnings to protect the top ventilation holes.
- The Kitty Tube is fully insulated on floor, walls and roof with quality, high R value insulation. All with the Scratch Guard™.
- The hand hole openings can be adjusted to supply full flow through air ventilation for the summer and can be closed for the winter.
- The Kitty Tube shell is very durable with a lifetime guarantee to never chip, crack or fade.
- The dimensions are 24″ round x 24″ tall with lid on.
- The bottom surface of The Kitty Tube is slightly elevated off the ground and incorporates a built in channel and drainage system to eliminate any subsequent moisture that might enter The Kitty Tube due to unforeseen circumstances.
The Kitty Tube name and design is TM protected. Patents pending.
Call our service department for order assistance 715.377.2133
This is the 4th Tube I've purchased for feral cats, but the first with a heated pad. Some cats are just too suspicious to use the Tube, others claim and defend theirs. Delivery was extremely fast -- good because extreme cold just arrived.
The item was a little pricey, especially since I ordered the extra insulation. It seems very sturdy and well-made.
This is a great product. It is durable, insulated and cats like it. This is my second one.
I was so happy with the Kitty Tube, that I ordered a second one for another stray cat I'm caring for. They love it! I got the double insulation and heated pad. I know they're well taken care of in the winter. The Kitty Tube was recommended to me by someone who cares for colonies of feral and stray cats and I agree with her 0 it's the best shelter on the market!
Well made and very sturdy. I also ordered the double insulation. The videos make it easy to assemble. It took a few days but kitty finally went inside. It is nice to know that she has a warm, cozy shelter.
Just purchased my 5th kitty house. First one going on 5+ years now and still great shape. A couple feral’s do destroy the foam inserts, even the reinforced ones but with the purchased heating pad and filled with straw they are very comfortable. In North Dakota it’s common to have -20’s for weeks at a time and I have 2 ferals that are over 7 years old and these are their winter bungalows! They even have full ears still which is not common in a ND feral cat! These beds are the reason, I would not be without them for my outdoor colony. I always sprinkle a generous amount of catnip at the entrance when I put out a new or refreshed bed and they are always occupied that same evening. Nice to have a quality American product from a seller who stands behind their products!
Thank you!! Great product for our Iowa winters!!!
I operate a cat sanctuary for feral cats.Although they have a two story "cat house", I have some "hard core" ferals who refuse to go inside. Enter the Kitty Tube. I got the first one years ago and placed it inside a mini barn and it is rather popular. I now have two new ferals that I managed to trap for spaying and vaccination, but now they are trap shy and it may take a while to get them This new Kitty Tube shall go on the back porch to help keep them warm and dry.
The feral-ish cats we care for greeted the kitty tube with suspicion for about ten mins before taking turns diving in and out and discovering their new hideaway. With winter beginning, this will be the best holiday season they’ve ever had. Thank you, Kitty Tube!