The Kitty Tube is Guaranteed to keep the weather out and is simply the highest quality insulated outdoor cat house on the market today!
The Kitty Tube with Straw comes with:
- Door Awning & Clear Flap Door: The door awning improves rain/snow protection and includes a gasket to eliminate any water weepage around the edges. The clear flap door is designed to repel wind and help keep heat inside the Kitty Tube during cold weather seasons. The clear flap door can be installed and removed easily without tools. NOTE: The door awning set is also available for all older model Kitty Tubes with a logo. See separate listing.
- Vent Cap & Gasket: The vent cap was created to eliminate moisture laden air that can build up under the top lid. This moisture laden air can cause condensation in certain temperature swings. The vent cap serves the same purpose as the vents on the roof of your own home that expel excessive moisture in the winter and heat in the summer. The vent cap is very important in maintaining a dry interior for your cat. NOTE: This cap is also sold separately to install on all older model Kitty Tubes and will greatly improve its performance. A 1½ inch hole is needed on the top dead center of the lid to install. We recommend using a standard 1½ inch hole saw to make this hole.
- Main Insulation with Scratch Guard™: This insulation set will cover the walls, floor and ceiling of The Kitty Tube. The Kitty Tube Scratch Guard™ and vapor proof insulation is easy to remove and clean. The new Scratch Guard™ material on all interior surfaces is moisture proof, mold proof, mildew proof and bacteria proof. Deodorizing and sanitizing of the interior is now a breeze, as cat urine or spray from a male cat will not soak into the Scratch Guard™. The Scratch Guard™ material will virtually eliminate damage from clawing and will considerably reduce condensation from forming in cold temperatures.
- Ventilation Hand Hole Awnings: The Kitty Tube includes awnings that protect the handle/ventilator holes in the lid from rain and snow. These awnings also provide a comfortable handle when removing the lid or moving the Kitty Tube.
The Feral Option Kitty Tube comes with straw. Straw is the preferred bedding for feral cats as it resists moisture and retains body heat as the cats can burrow into the straw. This option is recommended by most Cat Rescue Groups.
The Kitty Tube provides a safe, economical and maintenance free shelter for your cat. Designed for outdoor use, The Kitty Tube is fully insulated to be cool in the summer and ultra warm in the winter. The shell is made from post consumer recycled milk and detergent bottles making the Kitty Tube a very green product AND The Kitty Tube is MADE IN THE USA!
The Kitty Tube has a removable top lid, is seamless in construction and is environmentally friendly due to the post consumer recycled content. The one piece construction provides for a smooth interior which is easily cleaned with a simple spray of the garden hose. The dome lid keeps your pet dry in even the heaviest of rains. The geometric shape resists wind and is naturally preferred by cats. The high quality, fully insulated Kitty Tube is strongly recommended for all outdoor cats and also creates a safe and secure haven if your cat is to give birth.
About our 1 door design: The unique door design provides easy passage for your cat, but will not allow a predator like dogs or coyotes to get to your cat. The Kitty Tube was intentionally designed with only one door. There are several reasons for this design:
- With one door, the exceptionally insulated Kitty Tube will retain the majority of the heat your cat produces inside, compared to other designs with two doors that allow excessive air movement through the shelter.
- One door will keep your cat safe and secure as predators cannot fit their head inside the unique door design of The Kitty Tube. Most small animals such as possums or raccoons are generally not a life threatening danger to your cat.
- We feel it is a misconception to provide a second door for an escape in case of a predator attack. If your cat leaves their safe haven of The Kitty Tube, it is now vulnerable to be caught by predators. Predators such as dogs and coyotes know how to catch a fleeing cat.
- Most kittens born inside of a Kitty Tube are NOT moved as usual by their mother, as they feel safe inside!
Product Features and specs.
- The Kitty Tube provides an economical, safe, and secure home for up to 3 cats. (Only 2 cats if you have the double insulated option.)
- The Kitty Tube comes complete with a fully insulated shell, a removable top lid, enough straw for up to 2 changes, a main door awning with removable clear flap door, a vent cap for the top lid, a rubber plug for the optional heater hole and 2 hand hole awnings to protect the top ventilation holes.
- The Kitty Tube is fully insulated on floor, walls and roof with quality, high R value insulation. All with the Scratch Guard™.
- The hand hole openings can be adjusted to supply full flow through air ventilation for the summer and can be closed for the winter.
- The Kitty Tube shell is very durable with a lifetime guarantee to never chip, crack or fade.
- The dimensions are 24″ round x 24″ tall with lid on.
- The bottom surface of The Kitty Tube is slightly elevated off the ground and incorporates a built in channel and drainage system to eliminate any subsequent moisture that might enter The Kitty Tube due to unforeseen circumstances.
The Kitty Tube name and design is TM protected. Patents pending.
Call our service department for order assistance 715.377.2133
This is our second house we bought. Very well made and has great insulation! Bought with straw and heated pad. Cats love it!
Very easy to assemble once it warmed to room temperature even with my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I've had it for about a week and the kittens and adult cats are going in and out of it but out of 13 cats only 1 is actually spending the night in it so far. The others are still piling up in a small cardboard box with a tiny pillow in it. LOL Hopefully this will change as they get used to their new home.
I am so happy that I ordered the Kitty Tube for the feral kittens that I have living in my yard. It was easy to assemble and the cats started using it within a few days of putting it outside. I have three small cats and they all fit inside it comfortably. I am glad knowing that they have a place to stay warm and dry.
I love them and my cats love them more. Easy, convenient, and the warmest I have found. My cats are in an unheated barn. Just bought my 3rd one.
Easy to assembly with utube video, paid for extra insulation and found my feral cat in it the next evening
I hesitated buying this, because of the price. It is a lot of money, but so worth it. My little outdoor kitten loves it. He's only 4 months old and living in WI, our winters are terrible, so I wanted him to have a good shelter. The day I got it, it snowed (in October). He never left the house except to eat and pee. I've recommended it to many even our local vet! Big fan and love that it is made in WI and has a lifetime warranty!
The Ferals' took a while to move in but when a cold snap hit they piled in. The Kitty Tube has helped clean up the back porch and I'm considering buying one more. This has put my mind at ease knowing they have another place to hunker down in.
I purchased The Kitty Tube for a stray cat I have been caring for. I have been so worried about him not having any shelter during the rain and it will start getting cold very soon. After doing lots of research I came across this product online. I purchased it based on similar reviews. It is a fantastic product!!! I ordered the double insulation with straw. After about 9 months or feeding him 6 times daily and gaining his trust I was able to put a towel over him and pick him up. I made him a vet appointment. Turns out he is FIV and FeLV positive. He got a rabies shot and 2 dewormings. He goes to get neutered in 2 weeks. I can not have him come inside because of his health status. I have 3 healthy indoor cats. I set The Kitty Tube up and put it on my covered front porch. It has been there for a couple of weeks now. Last week I took the lid off and sprinkled a tiny bit of cat nip. I lifted him up an put him in it while petting him. He immediately lied down and stretched out like he liked it. Then I put the top back on and he got out of it. I have not seen him go in it until today. It was raining when I got home. I started looking for him and I didn't see him. I thought I'd go check The Kitty Tube and guess what! He was in it! He knew it was for him. Then I fed him a huge lunch and watched out the window and he went back in it for his nap. I am so happy today. It really means a lot to know he is dry and safe. I will not have to worry anymore about him being cold in the winter. This is designed perfectly to keep him warm. Thank you so much for inventing this! I means the world to us who are trying to provide shelter to these precious cats. This is such an awesome product!!!
I only had to show my 3 indoor/outdoor cats the Kitty Tube entrance once, and all three tried it out. They give it two paws up and five stars for value, design, and ease of setup. I now have peace of mind on those cold nights when one or more of them decides not to come in the house. Thanks, Kitty Tube!